Romans 6: 4 — We were buried therefore with Him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
St. Peter’s Lutheran Church Cemetery is located at #682325 Sullivan Sideroad 6 in the Township of Chatsworth, Ontario.
Those who are active, contributing members of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Sullivan are given the opportunity to have a burial plot in St. Peter’s Lutheran Cemetery.
The deed for St. Peter’s Cemetery, purchased from Joachim (Joseph) Engel in May 1885 for $60, was issued on January 20, 1886. On August 9,1885, the one-acre cemetery was dedicated by Pastor J. Muenzinger. The first burial was a Kruger child, who died of diphtheria, a dreaded disease in that time period.
On the third Sunday of June each year, also Father’s Day, a memorial service is held at St. Peter’s Cemetery.